Your feng shui cures need cleansing.
Reading now: How To Cleanse Your Cures
As feng shui is all about good energy (Sheng Chi), it is important to know how to keep your feng shui cures active and vibrant. Of course, it goes without saying that you also have to keep the actual energy in your home fresh and clear. Any space will benefit from regular space clearing sessions, be it weekly, monthly, or whenever you experience negative events. How often do you clear and energize your feng shui cures, though? And how do you actually clear and energize them? Let’s look at 3 important factors to consider:
- In case of annual feng shui cures, you should always cleanse and energize them before reusing them next year. This applies only to items made from high quality materials.
- You should also cleanse and energize a feng shui cure before using it for the first time either as an annual cure or a long term one.
- If you feel like your feng shui cure has lost its spark and vitality or has accumulated a lot of negative energy, it is always a good idea to clear it as soon as you feel it needs cleansing.
How To Cleanse Your Feng Shui Cures
Start with the obvious cleansing of the physical surface of your feng shui cure, such as removing dust, polishing, etc. Next, clear your feng shui cure on an energetic level; here you can experiment with several different ways. You can choose one (or all) of the methods below:
- Leave your cure in the moonlight or sunlight, depending on the energy it most needs — yin/soothing and nourishing or yang/active and protective. If this method does not appeal to you, use either the moon or sun energy to charge a bit of water to cleanse your cure. This basically means you leave a container with water under moonlight or sunlight for at least 24 hours (best 72 hrs) , and then you use this water to clear the energy of your feng shui cure.
- Smudging around your cure with sage, palo santo, frankincense or any good quality incense, then leaving it on a candle-lit home altar for at least 3-6 hours will also purify its energy.
- Salt is known for its purifying properties so you can use salt in cleaning your feng shui cures, but only if or when appropriate, of course. Or, you can make salt water, and use salt water for cleansing (mostly symbolically) the surface of your cure.
Because there is such a wide variety of feng shui cures, there will also be a variety of ways to clear their energy. Below are some examples to make it easier for you.
Specific Methods for Various Feng Shui Cures
For feng shui cures made from crystals and stones (actual crystals or statues and items made from stones) you can use all of the methods above — sun, moon, sage or incense, candles or salt. You can also bury your crystals or items made from crystals in salt or sand for 3 days for a deep cleansing effect.
For feng shui cures made of brass, iron, silver (various statues and items such as Chinese coins, wind chimes, etc) the best methods are the sun or moon water, sage/palo santo/incense clearing and candles/Fire element energy.
Alive feng shui cures such as various plants, the feng shui aquarium, the lucky bamboo, will benefit from the sage/palo santo/incense (space clearing), as well as from moving them to a different location, ideally with potent Chi (such as your garden, for example) for at least several days to refresh their energy.
For feng shui cures that are part of your home decor such as tall lights, specific feng shui art, wooden sculptures, etc the space clearing steps (smudging) are the best, as well as possibly moving them temporarily to a new location.
- The 3 days period (72 hrs) is the typical time one would use to allow for the cleansing of a feng shui cure; you can also use the 7 days period (168 hrs) if needed.
- Another detail that is often taken into consideration is the moon cycle. Usually cleansing is best done during the waning moon.
- Start the process of cleansing your feng shui cures when the energy of the day is at its highest potency (11am to 1pm). Never start the cleansing process at night.
Once you have cleansed your cure, the next step is to energize it.